Monday, February 25, 2008

What to Say?


I am not sure how short girls always seem to end up with tall guys. But we seem to.

I leaned in to hug Ducky the other night. Since he towers over me he gets a great view of the top of my head. And decided to inform me about the quantity of "shockingly bright highlights," grey hairs, that are beginning to populate my head. I have been complaining about this for a while. There is no longer a way to part my hair that doesn't show some shining example of my aging process.

He was actually counting how many he could see. Out loud. There are times when I wish I was blond. No one will know when he starts going grey or white. I think it is time to call on my hair dresser and get some new highlights put in. They make the natural ones less obvious.

So not only am I feeling old these days, but apparently I am looking the part too.

Updates on other life stuff.
The urine smell is still there. We added vinegar and scrubbed and have let it dry and I have vacuumed. Tonight I rinsed it out. We'll see.

Velcro went to the vet and has an allergy hot spot that is out of control with a little yeast infection. He came home with shampoo, pills and a food additive. I came home $130 poorer. But it seems to be working. We haven't tried the shampoo yet, I was too busy dealing with urine.

I am still totally overwhelmed by work. And I'm sick of people dissing teachers. I would really like to see them come in and try my job and last a month. And I have been fighting off a bug for a week and I don't seem to be winning. And I think allergy season is about to kick off. Yippee! Is it June yet?

In the middle of this post the electricity went off. SweetP finished his homework by lantern light. Then we went to Costco for supplies and dinner.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my own defense, the gray is cute.
-Ducky

Kim said...

I think Ducky might be kinda fond of you. His time is coming, you know. Blondes do indeed show their gray. Especially when the gray hairs pop out white!

RachelC said...

I love teachers!

ped crossing said...

kaycie- His hair is naturally white blond. In the sun it already almost looks white. So we won't really know until he is mostly white.

LCM said...

Yeah, what is up with that? My hubby is actually an inch shorter than me (I am one of those tall girls)
I am hoping I inherited my dark hair from my granddad. He was 60 and still hardly any gray!
I encourage my girls, when they come home and tell me something they think is neat about their teachers, to tell the teacher. Buttercup says, no that would be weird. I tell her, I don't think she would think that.

laurie said...

doug did the same thing to me. only he didnt' count them. he just said, "wow, you have a lot of gray."

but when you're short it's no trouble at all to sock them in the gut. try it.

the rotten correspondent said...

I could not be a teacher if my life depended on it. I'm serious. My hats off to all of you. It's a brutal, never ending job. And I'm married to a teacher, so I know.

I'm at the point with the grays where I have to really do the weaves and highlights to keep them from showing. For a month or so anyway. And then it's back to the drawing board.

ped crossing said...

RC - We seem to be the mutual admiration society. The offer to be my room mom is still open. :)