Friday, February 15, 2008

Voices

There must be voices inside my head. I talk and I seem to be the only one listening. So am I really talking? Or is it all in my head. It has been a long day.

SweetE is still sick and he is so needy and whiny that it takes a lot out of me. And I can't get anything done. Every five minutes his world comes to an abrupt halt and I am required to restore order.

And nobody is listening to me! Not sweetE, because the sky is falling. Not sweetP because he seems to be living in another dimension. Not Ducky because he is just plain oblivious.

I don't think I should blog when I am cranky! But I am. Blogging and cranky.

10 comments:

laurie said...

ah, but cranky blogging (i have found) elicits great empathy from the wonderful corner of the blog world that is ours.

poor little E.--kids get so sick, but it usually passes pretty quickly. sounds like you need a rest. and maybe some of that chocolate you wrote about yesterday.

Potty Mummy said...

Your post reminds me of that fabulous Gary Larson cartoon. You've probably seen it; a split picture of what we say to dogs (substitute; kids for dogs) 'Here Ginger! Sit Ginger! etc etc, and what dogs / kids hear: 'Blah blah blah Ginger! Blah blah Ginger.

That is my life...

RachelC said...

We hear you! ;)

Susan said...

I hope SweetE is feeling better soon. Sick kids are so sad. I think you need some rest, and like Laurie says, some chocolate. It's ok to blog when you are cranky~we all get cranky.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to parenthood, right? I feel like this on a daily basis.

Kim said...

Well, he is sick, the poor little thing. I think he probably needs some medicine. Perhaps some Benadryl would make him feel better. At the very least, it would make him sleep for a few hours of well deserved respite.

I hope things start looking up soon.

Attie said...

I can feel your pain!! i hate when my kids are sick!! a year ago in october when we hada last one all the kids got sick the nite i had the baby!!!!!!!!! and one with strep throat!! my poor Husband didn't know what to do!!!!!!!!!

laurie said...

new dog blog competition. want to try to re-peat?

the rotten correspondent said...

I hope things are calmer around there for you. Sick kids are the worst. Stressful and exhausting.

And don't give up blogging when you're cranky. That's when you need it the most!

Kelly(M&M) said...

Just stopping by to say hello. I love how real your posts are. Makes me feel like we are sitting in the same room chatting. I hope your sweet boy feels better soon. I do understand having a needy child. :-)