Thursday, February 21, 2008

Moon Eyes


My sweetE and I were talking this morning. I love listening to three year olds talk. They say the funniest things. I will very sad when my children learn to say things properly. But right now, I get great stories.

Wednesday, sweetE was helping me in my "working room (a la sweetP)," and it is a work in progress and it is mine. I was moving a pile of stuff and the picture on top slipped and I had to ask sweetE to grab it before it fell.

So the next day he is recapping what happened the day before.

sweetE: Mommy, do you remember last year?

me: Last year?

sweetE: Yes, last year when I was helping you in your room, and I helped you with the picture. The picture of "Wellcrow" where he has the moon eyes.

me: Oh, yesterday when you helped me do some work in my office, yes, I remember.

sweetE: Why does "Wellcrow" have moon eyes in the picture and did I help you a lot mommy? And ...

Dialog continues for about 10 minutes nonstop with about thirty questions. I can't keep up. I was still back on moon eyes and what a great description that is for what Velcro looked like in the picture (not this picture, his eyes are little green here, but you get the idea.). And how I have a feeling that his description will stick.

Meanwhile on the sweetE front, we thought he was better, but tonight he popped a 102˚ fever. And on the Velcro front, he is going to the vet tomorrow to get his skin looked at. The new food is doing wonders for everything but the skin between his hind legs. I have the feeling he will come home in a cone. The rest of us *knock on wood* are doing okay.

*Update*
SweetE woke up just fine this morning. Ducky woke up with a fever. I hope his is just as short lived.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Moon eyes. That's a perfect description. I sure hope your little guy is feeling better soon.

laurie said...

poor wellcrow! our guys hate those coneheads. we bought a collar that's much easier on them that holds the neck stiff so they can't lick. i can send you info if you're interested.

moon eyes is great.
hope the fever breaks soon.

the rotten correspondent said...

This yuck that is going around is brutal, isn't it? As soon as you think you're done, it comes back on someone else. Ugh.

I love moon eyes. So cute.