Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fun Monday - The Song

Fun Monday is hosted by Ooh, A Shiny Pen. She gave us this assignment.

Music plays a vital role in most of our lives. It is everywhere. I want to hear the ONE song that is you. The song that whenever it is heard, you smile. I am not looking for the soundtrack of your life, just that one song. Your friends hear it and think of you. You can post the video, the lyrics, the wav file. However you want to post it is great.

So after much thought and consideration. I managed to choose just one.

So I'll start with those that were in the running, but didn't make the cut. I love Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. Live is always a little out of control and I do feel like I am losing my mind at least part of the time. I also considered Bad Day by Daniel Powter. Lately, I have been a bit attitudinally challenged. And this song reminds me turn the bad days around. But, since I don't think most of my days are bad, the song is having a bad day instead.

So the song that says me is.... Upside Down by Jack Johnson. I love this song. It is my ringtone. It makes me smile. I am reminded that life is pretty great. It doesn't always take you where you plan, but look for the fun in the detour. Life is about the journey. So seize the day and have a great time doing it.

17 comments:

-Ann said...

Thanks for sharing - I'd never heard/seen that one before. Gotta love Curious George!

my4kids said...

love curious George!
Great song.

Attie said...

My thoughts were ohhh sh** what a cut one!!

Anonymous said...

Way too cute and so true. You chose wisely!!

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Do you know, I have all three of those songs on my playlist on Windows Media Player. Excellent choices!

Sandy said...

Very, very appropriate! I had not heard it before so thank you for sharing it.

the rotten correspondent said...

That is a very fun song.

How could you not feel happy when you hear that?

Jenni said...

Good song! Na was watching with me and enjoyed the video, too.

ChrisB said...

That's new to me but it's very pleasant song and the video is rather cute, it got my feet tapping!

Unknown said...

Makes me think, upside down you're turning me, round and round. . .
:)

Ari_1965 said...

Great song. I think I'll have to check iTunes for it. Thanks.

Here's my Fun Monday

Molly said...

A song with Curious George has to be good.

Alison said...

Love this song also!! the video is adorable!!

Patience-please said...

Very fun! How on earth do you swim underwater with a guitar???
Thank you for sharing this-
Patience

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! I was eating out & it came on in the restaurant & my 2 year old started looking for George the Monkey.

Anonymous said...

Love Jack Johnson...great song choice!!

Junebug said...

That is a cool song and video. Seize the day! Great motto. :D