Saturday, September 29, 2007

Up All Night?


So I fear that this will be where I spend my night. This morning I woke up and that annoying cough that been bothering me for a month, took an ugly turn for the worse. I am never sick this long and that is the most annoying part. So I call my doctor and she calls in a prescription for an antibiotic and an inhaler. Don't think I need the inhaler, but I got it just in case.

So I dutifully follow the instructions and take two of the antibiotics around dinner time. I am wiped out, and eagerly looking forward to a date with my pillow. Except, even with having taken my nightly Melatonin, I can't fall asleep. I have been laying in bed for nearly 4 hours and cannot fall asleep. I love my sleep, I want my sleep, I need my sleep!

So what do I do? Get up, look up side effects, nothing about insomnia. Turn on the computer, look up drug. Nothing. Type in drug name and insomnia, ah find that it happens in less than 1% of users. Lucky me. Let's watch while I do the happy dance (please note the sarcasm).

And just when I was going to leave the negativity behind. So here is my cup is half full thought. Tomorrow night when I take only one pill, I will be able to sleep. In the meantime, I am wide awake. Maybe I will grade papers. The stack has gotten quite tall. Maybe I will take tomorrows pill at lunch time instead. And then hope.

4 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

Ugh. Not being able to sleep stinks. There is almost nothing that is more irritating. I hope you're able to sneak up on it and get some shuteye.

the rotten correspondent said...

and you have an award at my place...

laurie said...

i know nights like that. there's not a lot you can do....i tend to lie awake in the dark, thinking. but the good thing is it's rare two nights in a row.

laurie said...

ps i have an award for you. stop by the dog blog.