Monday, September 3, 2007

Realization

The other night I realized that once school starts (tomorrow!), I won't get to see my sweetP very much. I will get him ready for school in the morning and walk him to school. Then I won't see him again until around five at night. I know that most working moms experience this all the time. I, however, am used to seeing my children for at least half the day nearly everyday. Heck, I work part time for a reason.

He is my clone and I am having a hard time grasping how little real time I will have with him. So today we went on a date. Just the two of us to run errands (his and mine). Not exciting, but time just the two of us. What is an errand for a six year old? A visit to the Lego store and the Build a Bear Workshop. We agreed that he is a very spoiled boy, but nice none the less. He was very patient in the container store and the craft store, not a single complaint.

I was the first to complain once we got to the second hand store. He needed an over-sized, button-up shirt to take to school for painting in. We had given all of our old shirts away about six months ago. I have never visited a second hand store with a sale before. Wall to wall people. No express line. Our quick trip in and out to buy a shirt grew to nearly 40 minutes. I grumbled, he snuggled in. Now you see why I will miss spending time with him. We passed the time by seeing who could balance on one foot longer. Those yoga classes I took oh, so long ago came in handy.

We agreed that we need to plan dates to make up for our lost time. I think we all have some adjusting to do.

No comments: