Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ahhhh, Saturday

The progress on the house continues, but not by me. Ducky is outside on our sweltering deck reweaving our siding. It is a mere 78 degrees outside, but the deck thermometer says 102. Yikes. It is nice to get to be the one hanging out with boys, my only job is keep them out of the way.

I have even managed to get them started on a major cleaning of their room. Ice cream is being made as I type and all is right with the world. It's early yet, but I am deeming today a success.

2 comments:

laurie said...

not much better than home made ice cream.

i'm still curious to see photos of your handiwork... i'm deeply impressed. we have to hire people (jerry and mike, mostly) for every job we have to do that's more complicated than changing a lightbulb.

ped crossing said...

I am waiting until the stair treads are done. Maybe I can get an angle that doesn't show the stairs. I'll see what I can do.

I don't do structural stuff myself, we used to have a guy who did it all for us. He stopped to general contractor work. We are on the hunt for a new, reliable and reasonable guy. No rush, I need to start saving my pennies again before we start anything new.