Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hope on the Horizon

So after a sleepless night Saturday night as my little sweetE woke up crying and inconsolable. He promptly threw up on me after I gave him Tylenol. Ah motherhood. We sat up most of the night with a cool, wet washcloth and a sippy cup of ice water. He wanted to go downstairs at dawn and right after telling me his tummy hurt, threw up on me again. When I decided to add mommy to my resume, this is not what I signed up for.

Ducky and I agreed that he could go back to bed until sweetP got up. As if on cue, down the stairs came a cute, sleepy boy who wanted to watch TV. That meant I got to go back to bed. Not that I really slept much.

Fast forward a few hours and we call the advice nurse who thinks it would be a good idea to bring in my little sicky. Off we go to urgent care since the Tylenol seems to not be working. Mild panic on my part when I ask him to point to where it hurts and he points to his cheek and then his neck. Fortunately, we find out that it is just a raging ear infection. Ten days of antibiotics and by then I hope that we are all well again. Normally, I try not to use antibiotics for ear infections, but since the Tylenol wasn't working.

So here we are on Tuesday and I have my little boy back to his usual busy self. I have recovered from another crazy Monday where I went into Monday with a headache rather than getting one during the day. I cleaned out the medicine cabinet attempting to get a full nights sleep. It worked. We won't talk about yesterday any more. I am hoping to forget that it ever happened. I am going to assume that Sunday and Monday were rock bottom and we can only go up from here. It only seems fair.

Plus the stairs might be done today. Crossed fingers and all that.

1 comment:

the rotten correspondent said...

There is nothing - repeat nothing- worse than a sick or hurt kid.

I'm so sorry. You must be wrecked.

Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in fast.