Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday Soccer


SweetP recovered from his ear ache. I am so glad it didn't turn out to be an ear infection. So we had two soccer games to go to today. My little sweetE became unhinged when he had to wear his new game shirt today. He kept trying to pull it off and said that it hurt. It was a little stiff and scratchy because it hadn't been washed, but it wasn't that bad. But he is three and his coach said he could play without it. It was picture day, so I had to do my best mommy negotiating to get him to wear it for the photos. Without tears. I was successful, so yeah me.

After lunch we headed off for game two of the day. SweetP played like a champ. His team is just so polite. They won't go in and take the ball, they all just wait for it to come to them. It is really cute to watch, even if it is frustrating at the same time.

My sweetP is quite the ladies man. At the game today, there was a cute little girl that coming up to him and being silly toward him and trying to talk to him. She was working on flirting 101. I asked him about her later and he said she in nice, but kind of silly and she is in his class at school, but doesn't sit at his table. And on Friday, the girl that sits next to him in class tried to kiss him. Apparently he wouldn't let her and pronounced to me that girls are yucky. I just told him that in ten years, he will have changed his mind and that he will want to kiss the girls. I don't think he believed me. Although he does tell who he is going to marry about every other week. Ah, the complexities of youth.

2 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

We had a soccer double header Saturday, which led to a long day. We got handed our shorts the first game and tied the second. Result - BAD moods all around. Ugh.

Mo said...

I love soccer!