Monday, October 1, 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Downright Depressing



So we'll start with the good. I seem to be getting better (please don't let me be jinxing myself). Ducky says he feeling better. He still sounds like he is on speaking terms with the grim reaper, but I am choosing to believe him. And my sweetP is all better.

I am starting to feel like I am getting into a groove at work. It should take just a few more weeks and I will have settled into a nice routine.

We got to see a one week baby cousin yesterday. I got to hold her and she was so tiny and cute. The really good news is that I could enjoy it and it did not create baby cravings. Quite the opposite actually, when I saw the exhausted parents, happy for them, happier it is not me. Love babies, love to give them back.

Also, two lovely ladies chose to bestow awards on me. I am so flattered. My first blogging awards. And I have only been blogging since May, however, I have become quite addicted. The only problem, I have a very small blogging circle and I don't have time to let it get bigger. So I will ponder how I can bestow the honor on some other worthy individual.

And there was no Monday migraine. And sweetP's soccer coach finally decided to cancel Monday night practices!!!! Yahoo!

The bad. I don't know what I am doing in science tomorrow. I guess I know what my first job will be once I am done with the procrastinating. I also have a significant stack of papers to grade since I didn't do much work over the weekend. Yikes. Grading party at my house. Please bring your own red, green, purple, etc. pen.

The downright depressing. My little sweetE, that I thought was pretty much better, is sick again. He is on day 9 of antibiotics, so you would think he would be immune. No such luck. Tonight, he has a fever again, says his ear hurts again, says he is cold, he is tired, weepy, whiny and just not feeling good. We are off to see the doctor again tomorrow and I can only hope that it doesn't become a sleepless night. He is such a snuggler when he doesn't feel good that nothing gets done. I am really hoping that he wakes up and feels like his usual rambunctious self.

3 comments:

laurie said...

poor baby. i mean sweetE, but i mean you, too.

wish i could give you suggestions for science, but science was never my forte. good luck, and i'm glad you're feeling better!

the rotten correspondent said...

I'm so sorry he's feeling punky again. And I'm sorry for you having to deal with him feeling punky again. Sick kids are no fun.

Congrats on your awards!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!