Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Don't Want...


"I don't want to go to school today." The new morning mantra in my house. First grade is great, except that it is a huge adjustment for a six year old. It doesn't help that he has had a nasty cough since the first days of school.

This school year has been a huge adjustment for everyone. My little sweetE always has a hard time with change. He cries every time I drop him off for preschool. He's done in less than a minute after I leave, but it is still hard to see. SweetP sees very little of me. We have a date planned for this weekend. I am more tired than I remember being when the boys were tiny. And Ducky has the nasty cough, but he usually get bronchitis. I haven't slept well in weeks. I even slept in the guest room for a week (the mattress and the cough not the marriage).

But, being the eternal optimist, I know it will get better. I just hope it is soon.

2 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh, I am sorry! You have really been given a tough load to carry right off the bat this school year. Things can only get better, right? :)

laurie said...

oh, dear, it will get better.

i hope you have a good date this weekend, and i also hope that on sunday afternoon all of you go down for good solid naps...