Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wedding - The Background

So I was headed off to Reno to see my brother get married. Again. And dad was coming with me.

This is my brother's third marriage. He swears that he has learned from his mistakes and this is it. I hope so. I wasn't invited to the first wedding. But I really like the first wife. I kept her in the divorce. We still chat occasionally and she seems very happy in her second marriage.

I was invited to the second wedding. But since it was on a Tuesday and we had a one year old sweetP, we couldn't afford to take the time off. Even though my brother graciously offered to pay my way on the day cruise if I would only work at the wedding taking photos. I don't work at weddings anymore, too stressful. Plus, I didn't like this wife nearly as much as the first one.

So I thought I should probably buck up and go to this one. I like the newest wife, so far. I think she is nuts, but that is more her problem than mine (for marrying my brother, not for any other reason). As a little sister, I have to wonder what anyone sees in him.

And dad was coming with me because my mom didn't want to go and he couldn't drive or fly by himself. Don't get me started on my mom, it is not pretty.

2 comments:

laurie said...

ooooh this is a great beginning.

i like that you kept the first wife in the divorce. that made me smile. (even as i hope that nobody in doug's family kept his first wife after their divorce.)

my sister was married four times. sometimes you just have to keep trying.

tell more!

the rotten correspondent said...

Yeah, I'm wanting more of this story too.

Let's hear it...