Saturday, October 27, 2007

Perfect Fall Day


Today was a beautiful fall day. It was also the last day of soccer season for sweetP. While it has been a rough season, because of illness and weather, he has loved it all. He played hard, but sadly didn't get a single goal the entire season. He was a great defender and blocked many goal attempts.

After the game we headed off for the post season pizza party and trophy ceremony. Poor little sweetE slept through the entire thing, laying on a chair with my leg as a pillow. SweetP was really excited to add to his trophy collection, this is his fourth.

Then it was home to get ready for trunk or treating at our neighbors church. SweetE still wasn't convinced that he wanted to be a dinosaur. He really wanted to be a ninja, like his big brother. But the dinosaur costume was already made and he is just too cute in it. I used sparkly, scale-like fabric and everything.

We practiced saying trick or treat, but he would only say it to me. So we walked around the parking lot, he would hold up his bucket and cover his eyes. Every time I would stop to try and talk to someone, he was pulling me towards the next car. He was into it, but was so overwhelmed by the shear number of kids.

SweetP on the other hand, has gotten over his shyness, at least as far as Halloween is concerned. He greeted each car with a "Trick or Treat, Hi-yaa." His bucket over floweth.

So now I sit here, drinking really yummy hot chocolate (dark chocolate, melted) and blogging. I should be grading some of the 15 sets of papers I have collected. But I am a really good procrastinator.

In case you want to buy the really yummy cocoa, it is House of Brussels Gourmet Dark Chocolate from Costco. Really yummy if you like dark chocolate. And it comes in a cool tin.

2 comments:

laurie said...

you made their costumes? good for you! (though judging from your home remodeling posts, i wouldn't expect anything less of you.)

i'd love to see the dinosaur costume. you bring back memories of trick or treating and being too shy to say a word. and yet somehow i got candy anyway....

Susan said...

My girl scout troop participates in a Trunk or Treat at their old elementary school each year. It is something they REALLY look forward to. Sadly, this year it had to be cancelled due to the smoke around here from fires. Hopefully it will be rescheduled. I am glad to hear of other places that do T or T; it is such a lot of fun!!

You are a better mom than I - you sound excited about the new trophy...I always dreaded having to dust them. My son is in HS now and I took down all the participation trophies, but I did leave up the trophies from when his team actually won first or second place in the Little League District Tournaments. At that point, they meant something. I've let him keep all track and math medals hanging up, though. Guess I'm not all bad...