Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch


SweetE was well enough to go to the pumpkin patch. We had so much fun together. He was excited that I was staying with him. I was happy that we were out of the house together. When we are at home, I feel like I need to get things done and then we don't play much. When we are out I don't worry.

He was walking along, holding my hand, being the model child. He really is a very good little boy. We saw all kinds of animals. He is funny because even if he wants to do something, he just can't always make himself. He loved the little chicks. But he couldn't bring himself to pet them. He tried to build up the courage to pet the goat, but never quite made it. He ran into and out of the hay maze, but never went down the slide. So after we picked our pumpkins and rode in the wagon and he ate his doughnut and finally tried the fresh apple cider, he wanted to go back to the chicks.

This time without all the other people around, he wanted to pet the chick. So I scooped one up, and he gently touched its little head. Then he tried to grab its head. We finally left and half way home he realized that he didn't pet the goat. Minor meltdown, but hot cocoa with whipped cream made that better. Mom needed coffee.

On the way home, we pulled over for a firetruck and ambulance both with their lights on. He commented that someone is hurt. I guess we have talked a lot about what an ambulance means. A good day with the boys!

3 comments:

laurie said...

oh, what fun. lovely fall-y weather. is that him, in the jacket and little saggy jeans? i love kids of that age.... there is such a sweetness there.

i'm glad you got to go. hope you were all feeling healthy. and you could have put a dollop of that whipped cream in your coffee, you know...yum.

the rotten correspondent said...

Sounds like a terrific mom and son day. I just love days like that.

Yum. Hot chocolate.

ped crossing said...

Yup, that is my sweetE in the black sweatshirt and baggy jeans. He was a boy on a mission. It was the only time of the day that he went ahead without me.