Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Value


The strangest conversations start at our dinner table. SweetP is a worst case scenario kid. I'm afraid he gets that trait from me. I don't know how many times we have talked about what he should do if a bad guy came in our house. Answer: hide or run to a neighbor. He seems to think he can kick some tush.

So it came up last week, again. This time sweetE got in on the story. If bad guys came, what would they take?

sweetE: Bad guys would come and take my wallet. And my money. And my kid bucks. And the Legos.

sweetP: And our piggy banks.

For the record, kid bucks come from the bank. The banks gives them to the kids when they make a deposit. When they have enough they can trade them for trinkets from Oriental Trading. They are very valuable. Very.

It's good to know that the bad guys won't take the computer. Any of the other electronics. Not jewelry (not that I have any) or tools. Nope, they are coming after the "kid bucks."

3 comments:

LCM said...

I always play worst case scenario with the girls. What's the worst thing that could happen, then we talk about it. They get this from their dad, by that I mean, they come up with the weirdest ideas, who has time to come up with these things? Not me...

Potty Mummy said...

'Kid bucks' - love it. Do they take them in exchange for make-up? Or high heels?

(Who am I kidding. Like I ever make a deposit...)

Carolyn said...

I wished I'd said what Potty Mummy said.

Love the idea of Kid Bucks too. And how cute are your kids???!