Thursday, April 17, 2008

This Morning


I had grand plans for sleeping in this morning. SweetP didn't have school. So I didn't have to get up to get him ready to go and walk to school with him. Lately he has been a grumbly lump of whininess in the morning. I assumed that since he has had trouble getting up, he would sleep in. I figured I would get an extra half hour at the least.

Oh, how wrong I was. I normally get him up at 7. So what does my darling child do on a day when he doesn't have to get up? He gets up at 6:15. And he comes in and wakes me up. So after ten minutes of being a wiggle worm in bed with me, he goes downstairs. Ahhh, back to sleep (sort of). Until at 7, sweetE wakes up with a whiny cry that is impossible to ignore. The kind of cry that tells you nothing is really wrong, but will progress in frequency and volume if ignored. So I got up and went in and collected him. He had the option to go downstairs and hang out with his brother or cuddle with me. He chose to go downstairs. I went back to bed.

Until 7:30 when persistent use of my main title was being bleated from downstairs. "Mommy....Mommy....MOMMY! The boys wanted breakfast. Tonight I am leaving out cereal.

I used to tell my boys that if they didn't let me sleep, my love for them could not grow. A mommy's love cannot shrink, but it is meant to grow every day. And this mommy's love did it's growing while I am asleep. I may have to remind them of that fact.

1 comment:

Potty Mummy said...

That's a good one Ped, needing sleep to let your love grow. I may mention that to Boy #1 if he turns up in my room again at 1.00am tomorrow morning... (And if that doesn't work, there's always the old 'no tv' threat. That one never fails...)