Sunday, April 27, 2008

Right Side Round


The world has righted itself somewhat. I am still absolutely, totally behind, but I have regained my coping skills. I have gone to bed early for the last 3 nights. Big difference.

Mount Laundry reached epic proportions this weekend. SweetP set a new record for peeing the bed. Four times in three nights, poor kid, poor me. Then to top it all off, he threw up all over our bed today. So, five loads of sheets, one load of blankets, one load of towels and one pillow that still needs attention later, I could work on the regular loads of accumulated laundry. Needless to say I am not done.

But after one monster of a headache that started at noon on Thursday and finally left at noon on Saturday, I am in quite the chipper mood. And I grocery shopped, so I no longer feel like a failure as a domestic goddess/engineer. And I got to use my cute new reusable shopping bags at the grocery store. Yeah, earth girl!

We are still struggling with the thumb sucking thing. The sticker chart and bribery costume are not as appealing as we hoped. But we persevere.

All in all life is looking up. And for that I am thankful.

6 comments:

-Ann said...

Glad to hear things are looking up. Your Mount Laundry really puts things in perspective for me. I did six loads of wash this weekend - and there's only two of us. I shudder to think how much more laundry we could have if we had kids!

Potty Mummy said...

Mount Laundry. How I hate it... You have my sympathy Ped!

Carolyn said...

Glad to hear things are looking up and Yay on the reusable shopping bags. Way to go!

There's an award over at my place for you...

Susan said...

A good night's sleep or three good nights of sleep will do wonders. Of course being without a headache helps, too. Glad you are feeling better!

laurie said...

damn, i gotta get me some of those reusable bags.

i need about six of 'em.

glad the headache lifted. they can really kill a day, can't they?

ped crossing said...

laurie- or two days. I love my reusable bags. I have some from a variety of places. The ones I like best are from The Container Store and from Delight.com http://www.delight.com/images/photos/RuMeSpringAll-376.jpg.