Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ode to Ducky


My anniversary came and went last week. Last week was a bit of a blur. Our anniversary fell on a weekday. There was work and soccer practice, preschool and homework. Fortunately, after 15 years we don't mind that we didn't go all out.

Over seventeen years ago, I met Ducky by chance while visiting a friend. It was meant to be. Both of us asked the friend who the other was and from that day on we saw each other every day. Ducky came along when I needed someone to believe in me. I had run out of ways to believe in myself. And it worked. He saved me from myself. We were barely adults when we met.

We have survived being in college together. We have survived poverty. We are doing pretty well at the parenting thing. We've moved up and grown up together. We drive each other nuts and work together as a team. Somehow it all works. The old adage about opposites, it's true. Our puzzle pieces fit together. Even when we fight, there is no one else we would rather be with.

So happy anniversary, my Ducky. I'm looking forward to a whole lot more as we find our way through this crazy life of ours.

5 comments:

Kim said...

How sweet. Happy anniversary to you both.

Jane said...

Congratulations! Lovely post.

laurie said...

ah, happiness, happiness! i love when it works out this way. congratulations, and happy anniversary.

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I love you too. Happy anniversary, Button. :-)
-Ducky