Thursday, November 1, 2007

My apologies

I have been feeling snarky lately. A combination of overwhelmedness, lack of sleep and discontent due to the overwhelmedness. So I fear some of my comments have been blunt and crabby. So my sincere apologies. I have had some Dr. Jekyll moments in the last week or so.

But November is upon us, so I thought I would focus for a moment on some of the things I am thankful for.

My family. Ducky and the boys. Ducky and I have been together since I was 18. There were bets we wouldn't last 6 months. Boy were they wrong. I wonder if I can track them down and collect? Can't imagine myself with anyone else. My sweetP is my little clone. We have the same personality and the same looks. There is a picture of me at 5 on Santa's lap with my braids hidden behind me and I look like a boy, exactly like sweetP. He is quiet and snuggly and I just love him. This morning he said "You're the best mommy I ever had." Even though I am the only mommy he ever had, I still take it as a compliment of the highest order. And my little sweetE, mommy's boy through and through. He's my baby, what more do I need to say.

Most of the time I love my job. I have an amazing teaching partner, who thinks like me. I have a great connection with my students. I get to plan fun activities that make them love math and science. Plus, I no longer teach high school and for that I am truly thankful!

I live in an area that I love. I grew up on the hobby farm, in a dry climate. Now I am surrounded by green and there is not a cow or horse in sight. I have seen the random chicken, but not in my yard.

We have what we need. And sometimes we can help others. We survived the days when splurging to eat out meant Taco Bell.

That I have small feet that look cute in any pair of shoes.

Life is good and I am going to try to remember that when Dr. Jekyll threatens to return. Happy November.

8 comments:

laurie said...

gosh, if that's cranky, i can't imagine what i am all the time.

no apologies needed.

and i envy you your feet!

Suzie Petunia said...

Now I'm going to notice your feet next time I see you. :) There will always be plenty for me to be snarky about, but I guess I need to remember my blessings, too. Thanks for reminding me!

Susan said...

Snarky, you're not snarky, you're fun!

ped crossing said...

I have been feeling snarky. It is nice to know that I have been keeping it to myself. :)

the rotten correspondent said...

You don't need to apologize to us, for pete's sake. Seriously.

I haven't even noticed that you've been cranky. Really.

The Ex said...

I envy your feet SO BAD!!!

ped crossing said...

Welcome, the ex! I would look funny if I had big feet. I am on the short side of things. I sometimes think I should carry a ladder with me at all times.

Kelly(M&M) said...

I wish my feet were cuter. For being short, I deserve that, don't I? (I have webbed toes, shhh, don't tell anyone!) I LOVE reading about people who cherish their kids. You are a great mom and I have already learned a lot from you in the short time I have known you.