Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Life, The Musical


I was sitting and watching the boys play this morning. It was some kind of pirate/knight thing. And I realized that they were singing to each other. Instead of talking, they were singing what they wanted to say.

Back and forth. Discussions of bridges, knights, ships, everything in song. And it was so cute. I had to capture this moment on video. Except that when you bring out the camera, they feel the need to perform. They don't realize that you just want to catch them being themselves. So instead of their cute musical, I got a musical performance. Complete with harmonica. Cute, but not what I was going for.

I always know what days sweetP has music at school. He spends the rest of the day singing. Of course the song I hear the most is the Star Wars theme song. I hear it about 10 times a day, sometimes more. Sometimes a lot more.

But, no matter what they do they are cute and my favorite source of entertainment.

2 comments:

laurie said...

man, your boys are sweet.

don't you just want to pickle 'em and keep 'em at this age?

Suzie Petunia said...

Where did they learn to sing opera? :) Very impressive.

I know what you mean about pulling out the video camera. I never get them being "natural". They have to put on a big show for the camera.