Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Migraine Monday and Hangover Tuesday


I stayed up way too late over the weekend. I did way too much. And then I had my big day, Monday. So I really should not have been surprised that I got a whopper of migraine yesterday. It completely knocked me out. I made it home, put the boys in front of the TV and laid on the couch in the family room. In misery. I managed to get some dinner for the boys in the oven, before I crashed on the other couch with them. Ducky came home and got them ready for swim and off they went.

I went to bed, with the aid of a sleeping pill. These are the occasions that I have them for. Except the boys came home early and I was still partially conscious. In my decreased consciousness, I couldn't figure out why they were home early. I sent them with all the stuff they needed. Come to find out, classes were canceled due to poo in the pool.

Fast forward to 6:45 am, and my head no longer hurts. Yahoo. But I am enjoying the migraine hangover in a big way. It is like trying to run through quicksand. So I dragged myself through the day and here I am.

Epilogue to the Reno trip. My dad called this weekend. He made it home. When I left him at the airport he was positive the bus picked him up on the upper deck. I had always dropped off Ducky's mom on the lower deck to be picked up. But he was sure that he was right. So I left him there. And he missed the bus, because he was on the upper deck. So he got to wait four hours at the airport for the next bus. During our phone conversation, he hinted that I should have known. I reminded him that he was positive and that was the end of that. At least he had a chance to find something to eat.

Off to grade math tests. Lucky me!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, hope you are feeling better soon! Math tests, yea!

laurie said...

i do not know how you managed to do all that with a migraine.

i don't get them anymore, but i used to get them fairly regularly, and i could never do anything but lie in a darkened room and make everybody leave me ALONE.

Suzie Petunia said...

I'm impressed that you were able to get dinner for the kids! Good job, mom.

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

My husband has been a migraine sufferer for all his adult life (until now, he takes beta blockers, transformational!) but I think you did well to achieve anything. I have come to your blogs through laurie's, I live on a hillside in Wales. Hope you will drop by.

ped crossing said...

Hi elizabethm, welcome to the bog. I have had migraines since I was in grade school. I haved learned how to live through them and function a little. Mine vary in severity and I think that saves me most of the time. Beta blockers caused fatigue and headaches. I've gone herbal. Never thought I would say that. This one was my own fault. Sleep and stress are huge triggers for me.