Monday, May 12, 2008

Zombie Virus

Last night I got eight hours of sleep. Uninterrupted sleep. Today I should have been my bouncy, bubbly self.

Instead, I was attacked by the zombie virus. I could not stay awake today. For anything. And I had to work all day. I must have looked about half dead too, because I was asked repeatedly if I was okay.

I was honked at on the way to work. I went over the rumble strip more than once. I was in no condition to drive. And I didn't realize until after I was more than half way to work. I could not keep my eyes open at work either. My students were pretty accommodating, they did what was asked and just let me stagger through my day. I took a nap at lunch at my desk.

After lunch was better, but I was still so very tired. I was better to drive home. I planned to take a nap on the couch and let the boys play games. SweetP got a webkinz for his birthday and he wants to play all the time. SweetE was happy to play Star Wars on the Wii. And I attempted to nap on the couch.

But the phone rang, the doorbell rang, the game wouldn't work. So no nap for me. Ducky had it yesterday, so I should be better tomorrow. But to help myself along, I am off to bed. Let the zombie's attack someone else.

*Update*
I am feeling almost like myself again today. I can keep my eyes open!!! One of our friends had it over the weekend too. You feel okay, you just cannot stay awake.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Aren't those webkinz something? My little guy has several, and they really keep him entertained. During his computer time, I can hear him laughing out loud.

I hope you're feeling better today.

the rotten correspondent said...

Good grief. Are you better today?

Carolyn said...

Wow. That is SOOOOOOO weird. I felt like that for two days last week. I thought I had mono. I just could not keep my eyes open.

I thought it was me. It didn't occur to me that it could actually be something.

Weird. Hope you're feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

That's weird..