Thursday, May 15, 2008

He Did It!

I scurried home from work so I could make it to the game. SweetP was ready to go. Shoes, on. Shin guards, on. Magic Eraser, in a baggy. He was ready to clean some graffiti.

So we head off to the game. We are a few minutes early. His team is already in practicing. We go down the hall. Sure, enough. There is a penis on that penguin. And a lovely word written below.

I am scrubbing the penguin, so I can make sure the paint doesn't come off. We get it down to a few unrecognizable black dots. All the the while, this is the exchange.

"Mommy, what does that say?"

I ignore the request, I don't want to explain the word and I am busy removing anatomical parts.

"b-it-ch, bitch. What does that mean?"

"Honey, I am really proud of you for sounding out the word, but please never say it again."

"Why?"

"It is not a nice word."

"Okay."

Have I mentioned that I love this kid. We cleaned off the word too. The hallway is now safe for first graders again.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Very cool.

Carolyn said...

You're awesome. And so is SweetP. But now I'm wondering what is wrong with the school that they don't deal with offensive graffiti that will be seen (and read) by first graders. At least you took matters into your own hands. Good for you!

laurie said...

man, i love kids that age. give him a big hug from me.

ped crossing said...

carolyn- It was at the middle school. We were only there to use the gym for soccer. So at least it isn't the grade school.

Jane said...

Well done you for dealing so well with the graffiti and SweetP's questions. xx

crazymamma said...

Oh that is soooo cute! I loved that story! What a cute kid!!!

Carolyn said...

Okay. That's better. I guess. Still rude though.