Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thankful Thursday



Today I am thankful for ...

There has been no vomit in over 48 hours!!! Please, let it be over.

I am feeling better, if a bit tired. And I lost 5 pounds. However, it is not a diet plan that I would recommend. I did go in to work on Tuesday, only because it would take me an hour to get in to work, write the lesson plans and get back home. I only teach for 2 hours when I work a half day.

SweetE seems mostly better. I can't tell if he is milking it or if he still feels kind of cruddy. Time will tell.

I hosted my book club on Tuesday night. I know, I'm nuts. But, I host once a year and it was too much work to rearrange. And next week sweetP has his birthday. So we are chatting away about the book (Population 485 by Michael Perry) and I hear a cry from upstairs. So I trot back to the family room to ask Ducky to run up and check on sweetE. Crying at night is a bad sign for him, it is generally followed by puke. And it was. So I run upstairs to help with the continuing vomit saga. I change his sheets, give him a cuddle and head back downstairs. Fortunately, we are all moms so we carry on.

But today, I am so thankful for two days and no vomit.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

You are nuts. If there'd been puking in my house I would have cancelled tea with the queen. I just don't carry on when stuff like that happens. I admire you!!

ped crossing said...

I thought we were past it. Oh, delusional me.

LCM said...

Boy, I sure do miss those book club meetings, although, maybe without the thought of vomit! You'll have to post the next book. I thought you guys were going to read population 485 a while ago.

Kim said...

Life is so unpredictable with small children. You never know when they're going to urp.

When middle son was about four, he got sick on Christmas Day. We were at my in-laws and tried so hard to just carry on. Watching him open his presents and try to look delighted through the sick was just so sad.

I hope you're all past the urpy stage for good this time.