Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Resolution Progress

I have made significant progress on my New Year's Resolution in the last week. I am exhausted but impressed with myself.

Here are the stairs before I painted.


Last Thursday and Friday nights I painted the risers on the stairs. They don't get to be marked done just yet. I still need to install some trim, but they look much better.

And after I painted.


We paid someone to come in and tape and texture the back wall. So it is ready to be primed and painted.

And I finished the boys favorites books from last summer. We now have a record of what they loved as of last summer. SweetP was wanting to change things in his, but I told him that this was what he loved last summer and that we would make a new one this summer. They look really cool and are so very special. They have already changed so much.

So I am officially marking finished on sweetP and sweetE's favorites books!

5 comments:

RachelC said...

Congrats on progress!

LCM said...

Smart move on getting someone to texture and tape. We had water damage to the ceiling in our garage from pipes bursting during a really cold spell. It was awful, my husband doing it himself...ugh.

Kim said...

Excellent! Good for you. I bet that feels very satisfying.

Potty Mummy said...

Those stairs look great - well done. (You may even have inspired me to do a few of my own chores. Or at least nag Husband to get on with them...)

crazymamma said...

Dude..the stairs look sooooo good! You did awesome!