Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And Then...


Today I managed to get the solar system books assembled. They are not perfect, but they look good. And I got compliments on them. And shock from a few of my colleagues, "When do you have time to do art?"

They look really cool. The covers are made of black posterboard and then they drew with oil pastels. Some of my students are great artists and it is fun to give them a chance to shine.

Tomorrow they fill them with all the facts about our solar system. I know that most of the parents are going to love them.

I also realized that one and half weeks into the new trimester, I haven't corrected a thing. So I have a new pile growing. But I am not going to be hard on myself. Between nineteen hours of conferences last week and two after school meetings this week, I have been busy. My goal, get caught up this weekend so I can enjoy spring break guilt-free.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Those sound beautiful. I would love that book if one of my kiddos brought it home.

Good luck on getting caught up. When I was a teenager, Mama used to "pay" me with extra privleges to help her grade her fifth graders papers. I don't suppose it would be the thing to do today.

Susan said...

A very good goal indeed! Even if you don't get them all graded, try to enjoy your break guilt free. Are you boys off the same week? My husband and kids have different weeks off.

laurie said...

we can never get everything done.

so enjoy your break no matter what.