Monday, March 10, 2008

I've Survived


Grades were due at 3pm today. And at this moment in time, I have no grading to do. Until I get to work tomorrow.

Last week was really rough and I even pondered what I was thinking and wouldn't another line of work be better. And those thoughts haven't completely left. But today I did feel better. It felt like every sign in the universe was telling me that change was in order.

Tonight the grand plan was to finish the paperwork to renew my teaching license. As I was getting ready to write the final page of information, I realized that I was screwed. I had hoped to get it into the district office tomorrow. However, it needs a signature from my principal. The one who will be out of town for the rest of the week. And therefore, I can't get it in until next week at the earliest. It is due in the state office at the beginning of April. The district has to do something and then they send it back to me to get to the state office.

Is it another sign from the cosmos? Should I switch to a less stressful, less demanding job? I know that my head would appreciate the break from the steady stream of headaches that I have been having lately.

Should I just quit my whining and get on with making it to June, or at least spring break? Most likely, but at this moment in time with conferences looming in a few days, I am just too tired from the end of the trimester, jumping through bureaucratic hoops, dealing with the time change and life in general.

At least spring visited over the weekend, we'll be having rain all week.

6 comments:

-Ann said...

Do you have another type of job in mind?

laurie said...

good luck FINDING another job that is less stressful and less demanding.

everything i can think of that's less stressful seems like it would bore you to tears...

Kim said...

There are things you love about your job. Are they worth it?

ped crossing said...

I'm not really thinking about changing my job. And I love lots of things about it. But there has been significant change this year and many aspects of those changes are causing additional stress.


I'm sure next year will be better. But first I have to get through this year.

Potty Mummy said...

I don't know the history behind your job (why you started it, how long you've been doing it etc etc). But like Kaycie said; are the things you love about your job worth it? And more importantly, could you find them anywhere else?

Susan said...

Hang in there!