Tuesday, January 22, 2008

To Finish!

My goal is to finish things. And so far this year I have only finished one small project that was started before the new year. I am keeping a running tally on the side bar. So technically the year is already a success. But the list is still so long.

Last week, sweetP lost his first tooth. And I, in my infinite wisdom, decided to finally make the official tooth fairy pillow. So that the "tooth fairy" would not have to dig around under the pillow to find that little tooth. To do that I had to use my room. And I got so frustrated. You have to watch where you walk. There was about 36 square inches of work space on my table.

So Saturday night, I decided to do something about it. And I cleaned off the table. And now the only things on it are my sewing machine, my tool vase, my cutting mat and a lamp. That is it. I can create there now. Yippee! It is a wonderful thing.



However, lest you think that all is well, the rest of the room is still the pit of despair. So I cannot add organize my room to the done list. At least not yet. The patch of carpet that is visible grew. I think what I need now is an industrial shredder. I have utility statements from two houses ago. And the to be fixed pile is quite substantial. But at least now I have a space to work. I am feeling moderately accomplished.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Small chores add up to big ones if you just keep at it. Good for you!!

Potty Mummy said...

Gosh - that last picture looks just like the corner of our bedroom. You are not alone, Ped!

Susan said...

Clearing the work table is a good place to start. When I want to sew, or fix something, I use the dining room table, and then have to clean it all up so we can eat there.) One step at a time, and you'll have the rest of that space together in no time!

the rotten correspondent said...

You should be feeling accomplished. That must feel wonderful to have a usable work space. The rest of the room will come around. Just go one bit at a time.

RachelC said...

Great first step! At least you can use the room... I can't use my scrapping desk right now, as it has all the stuff that needs to be filed on it!

Baby steps... you'll get there