Friday, January 4, 2008

A New Year's Resolution After All


I have decided today to make one New Year's Resolution. This is going to be the year that I FINISH. I am going to finish all those projects that I have already started. I will finish the boys favorites books for 2007. I will finish the family yearbook for 2006 and 2007. I will finish sweetE's quilt. I will finish the stairs. I will finish the guest room. I will finish organizing my room. I will finish all the other little projects that I have started.

I will try to work every day towards finishing something. Even if I only spend 5 minutes, I will be 5 minutes closer to finishing something. And if at the end of the year, I have only finished one thing, then my year will be a success. My to do list will be one thing shorter. I hope that I finish a few more than that.

Today, I finished paying bills that should have already been paid. Now they are. I also finished fixing sweetE's jammies where the seam came undone. I'm on a roll.

To Finishing things!

Update!
I finished grading all the papers that have been sitting in a heap all break. I am now officially caught up on grading. I hope to grade anything I collect the day I collect it. And then only have late papers to do over the weekend.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Good luck! That sounds like a great resolution. I might make a list of things to finish now, too. Sounds like you can already check two things off and it is only January 4th.

the rotten correspondent said...

I think you totally have the right idea. It's all about feeling like you're moving forward with things instead of stuck in a rut, or even worse, going backwards.

With a resolution like that - and progress already being made - I think you're going to have a very satisfying year.

laurie said...

oh man you are super organized.

i should be. i have no kids, no excuses. but i ain't.

LCM said...

That's a great resolution. You will always feel like you are accomplishing something when you are doing anything. Nice work.

Sandy said...

thanks for visiting my blog the other day - maybe I should make it my resolution to be alittle more prompt in responding to new friends!

Kim said...

What a great idea. I should try to finish all the projects I start. But then I'd do nothing else until spring break.

I used to help my mom grade papers when I lived at home. I bet that would be a no-no nowadays.

Kelly(M&M) said...

I LOVE this, but it hurts my head a little. :-) Let us know how it goes. Maybe the first of the month make a list of what you finished. I also loved that you liked the word "relish." I too want to enjoy life a little more. :-)