Saturday, January 19, 2008

Coping Mechanism


Before my parents were supposed to visit we were trying to finish up a few things around the house. We were out shopping for a lamp for the living room and we stumbled across the zen frog.

The frog made me laugh. The frog made the boys laugh. The frog made Ducky laugh. The frog had to come home with us. I figured that if nothing else, it would make me laugh, and it would remind me to relax.

The frog now resides on the bureau in our upstairs landing. On a round, black placemat that resembles a lily pad. And he makes me smile every time I walk by. Tonight, sweetP was sitting on the floor impersonating the zen frog. And I laughed some more.

He is fun and I like him. And while it is unlike most things that I buy, he speaks to me. Now if only he could catch flies too...

4 comments:

laurie said...

i like having oddball things that make me smile.

i have a painting of a guy drinking a cup of coffee and reading a newspaper that i bought for $25 at an art fair in ohio. i have the little figurine my brother made of himself, talking to me on the phone. i have a little gargoyle that my husband bought me.

you need stuff to remind you that life is fun and quirky.

i love the frog.

Kim said...

That frog is incredibly cute. He made me laugh, too.

the rotten correspondent said...

The frog is great. It's nice to have things that make you happy when you look at them. It's how I feel about my orange dining room.

Anonymous said...

Your frog is saying, "Drink more water."
--JenLin