Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fun Monday



Today's Fun Monday is hosted by ann. The assignment: I want to hear about a web site that's changed your life. A web site that you can't live without. A web site whose inventor you'd like to see win a McArthur Genius Grant.

While I can't actually say that a website has changed my life, there are a few have wormed their way into my existence and haven't left yet. Blogs not included.


The first is my daily fix of comedy. It is the first website I visit every single day. It makes me laugh and often relates to life as I know it. Different players, different dramas, same basic premise.

I generally check it out here.


The second site is one that I stumbled upon a while back. I am not a participant, but I like the ideals and sometimes try to choose some items to work on. This site emphasizes kindness, awareness and consciousness. All lofty goals, and movement towards them is a win-win. My current goal is to remember to bring my reusable shopping bag in with me, so I don't get more plastic bags.

Go check them out here.

Tomorrow I will continue the weekend saga. But until then, know that I am feeling better and appreciated all good thoughts, wishes, hugs, etc. that were sent my way. May I never repeat that weekend. The parents would have been preferable.

19 comments:

Joy T. said...

I read your saturday post and can't believe you did a FM post! I hope you're feeling better. Oh. And I'll have to check out your sites, I'm always up for a good laugh in the morning. You take care.

Pamela said...

ditto what Joy said.
I popped over to Stone Soup. Looks like my speed. The "generously" may take a few more visits -- although I am already quite frugal. Frugal is green before it was "in".

Gattina said...

I can't believe that these websites changed your life, lol ! Maybe they improved it.

Hootin Anni said...

I love comedy...so will bookmark it and return daily. Thanks for the heads up with the link!!!

Happy Fun Monday

laurie said...

i love "stone soup."

and i'm glad you're feeling better. very very glad!

Anonymous said...

Good one! Especially the last suggested site!

Kim said...

Those are both really great sites.

I am so glad to hear you're feeling better.

Sandy said...

I also read your Saturday site and you have my sympathy. I have never had kidney stones but my sweetie spent Thanksgiving in a hospital out in CA with them. My favorite memory of that day? When the morphine kicked in and he looked up at the nurse and said, "you are my new best friend".

I will definitely check out stone soup.

Thanks.

kitten said...

Glad you feel better. Them are 2 really good links. I'm going to check the 2nd one out more later.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Michelle said...

I have seen Stone Soup before. It's very funny. I too have to start my day with some humor. My post is on a comic strip called Clear Blue Water.

Suzie Petunia said...

Goodness! Are you feeling better? Are the nasty stones all gone??

Can I nominate myself? suziepetunia.blgspot.com has indeed changed my life! :)

the rotten correspondent said...

You sound like you're feeling better and that's very good news. I'm waiting anxiously for Part 2 of the story.

I'll have to check out those websites. They seem right up my alley!

-Ann said...

I love the idea of your second site. I will have to check that out. take care!

Tiggerlane said...

I liked Stone Soup! Cute! And the second site is wonderful - what a fantastic idea.

the planet of janet said...

those look like interesting sites...

ChrisB said...

I like the look of those two sites you recommend I've bookmarked the links so that I can dig deeper when I have more time.

Alison said...

I will definitely have to check out those sites, they look interesting..hope you are feeling better soon!!

Faye said...

Loved the idea of "living generously"--baby steps for all of us!

Anonymous said...

The living generously site sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. So many sites to go see. It's been neat looking at everyone's different websites.