Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ordinary Days


So after my problematic Thursday, life has returned to the ordinary.

Yesterday, we did ordinary things. The boys went to the dentist. SweetE for the first time. And he did pretty well. He let them make his teeth shiny. He sort of let them take x-rays. His teeth were announced to be in good shape. SweetP went for his second visit ever. After the first visit three years ago, some time needed to pass. He barely let them look. But this time, it went swimmingly. And the dentist thinks that if his teeth come in straight, he won't need braces! Yippee. We have been thinking that there was no way we were going to avoid that.

We put together an Indiana Jones Lego set. Three of us took a nap together on the couch. We watched a movie. I got one set of papers graded.

It was an ordinary day and it was fabulous.

7 comments:

RachelC said...

I'm sitting here with my eyes crossed trying to see something in the picture... I am guessing it's not that kind of picture though =P

Sounds like a fabulous day!

Susan said...

Yea. Glad things settled down. Ordinary days are wonderful. Your two sound easier at the dentist than my teenagers. They go and cooperate, but complain coming and going.

ped crossing said...

two cents - give them time. It took a lot of convincing to get the little one to let them shine his teeth. I hate going to the dentist. So I have to work to keep my mouth shut.

ped crossing said...

And no there isn't anything in the picture, it is just 30,000 random dots.

Kim said...

Sometimes those are the best days.

laurie said...

those are the best days in particular when they follow days of trauma and pain.

glad things are back to normal. normal is good.

the rotten correspondent said...

Ordinary days are the best. I absolutely treasure them.