Monday, December 3, 2007

The Way Kids Talk


I love the way that little kids say words. I was thinking about this as I was stuck in traffic due to our lovely weather. Grey skies, wind, rain, puddles. Lovely weather.

My boys each have a different way to say computer. SweetE refers to it as the pooter and sweetP has always called it the peer-dough. I am trying to spell them so you can get the gist of their pronunciations. They also give great names to things. SweetE is battling a tummy bug at the moment and he is never far from the "bla bucket." When sweetP was little he called throwing up going bla. That name has stuck and vomit is referred to as bla.

The boys are currently entertaining themselves by playing Star Wars Lego game. Or Star Weres, if you use the sweetE pronunciation.

I am going to be a little sad when they start sounding more adult.

3 comments:

laurie said...

some of these words will stick forever, though.

my aunt Eileen is "iny" forever, because that's what her little brother called her.

Susan said...

I love the way little kids say things, too. My kids called themselves 'our chudder.' And, this time of year I can't hear Rudolph without hearing a couple of three year olds sing about 'Rudolph the nose reindeer, had a wery shining nose.' I am glad you are saving and cherishing these memories, because they are fleeting.

the rotten correspondent said...

When they get older they still come up with cutes names for things. Well, sometimes they're cute.

Sometimes they're just to annoy you. But sometimes they're still cute.

Sometimes.