Saturday, December 1, 2007

100th Post, Postponed Due to ...


Headache and computer banishment.

I managed to get a humdinger of a headache and then slogged through the rest of the week. Last night, I was all ready to post and then I was banished from the computer by Ducky. He was uploading video for the annual family DVD and didn't want anything to thwart the progress.

So here it is. The 100th post. Wahoo! I never used to write. I hated writing assignments in class. I am a concise writer and had a horrible time expanding to the length desired by the teacher. Reflection papers were pure torture, I could tell you what I thought in two to three sentences. I did not need an entire page. I preferred and still prefer to get to the point. So starting this blog was an attempt to document my life and get in the habit of writing. And remove the torture part.

Reaching this post means I have accomplished my goal. It has also reminded me of the importance of taking time. The topic was inspired by someone I saw yesterday. I was driving home from doing a couple of errands with the boys. I looked in the rearview mirror, to see an enormous, black SUV trying to kiss my little bumper. The driver of the SUV started lifting his hands in exasperation. We were not going fast enough. And we were not tailgating the car in front of us. How dare we!

His annoyance grew. We weren't out on the open road. We were in town, with stoplights and other cars. He ended up zooming around me and then cutting in a few cars ahead. I was half expecting him to be in a accident down the road. He wasn't.

I wanted to ask him, what was so important that he was willing to put others at risk. And I realized then, that no matter what you do, take the time. Enjoy the moment. Don't rush through things. My blog is me taking the time to think about my day and connect with friends near and far. What is worth posting? What cute moments did I see or hear today? They don't have to be big.

4 comments:

laurie said...

congratulations on 100! and a fine posting it is.

being a concise writer who can say what you want quickly makes you perfect for blogging.

i'm glad we found each other's blogs. i look forward to reading your 200th post, as well.

RachelC said...

Congrats on 100 posts!

And I can totally relate to those long, drawn out papers!

the rotten correspondent said...

Congratulations to you! That's one heck of a milestone.

Great post, too. You're so right about just needing to take a deep breath and enjoy the moment. I try so hard to do that and I honestly think it's the best way to go about life.

Of course, some days...

Susan said...

Congratulations on 100! I think you summed things up well about why you blog and what you blog about, and that is why I enjoy your blog!