Thursday, August 2, 2007

In the Interest of Progress

I feel that I need to turn in my DIYer badge. We have painters here at the house at this exact moment in time. It is really hard to for me to agree to pay someone to do something I am highly capable of. Painting is one of the those tasks that falls in that category. Except the vault, I have never had any desire to paint that. But all those normal height walls, were my project. I do it pretty well too. But I am slow, methodical, and that drives Ducky nuts.

But after my Monster Migraine on Tuesday when all progress came to a screeching halt, my Ducky got ants in his pants about getting this thing done and rounded up some painters and here we are. And in the interest of marital bliss, I am cooperating nicely and staying out of the way. And keeping two really cute boys out of the way too.

The plan now is to pick the colors for the accent walls, paint those tomorrow. The flooring should be here today or tomorrow. Do I smell weekend project? Then the moulding and then we can move back in. Hurrah!

I should really review my priority list for the summer. I don't think I am working on it at all. I think the fort has been put off until fall. Yikes, broken promises to boys! Mommy guilt. I might be able to work on the favorites books during the remodel. Well, I am off to be a little bit nosy and see how the progress is going.

No comments: