Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Procrastination

There is a pile of dirty dishes in the sink, three loads of laundry that need to be done, remodel clean up and a shorter list of remodel items on the to do list. And I am writing here instead of doing any of it. There are just some days when you just don't wanna. And today seems to be one of those days.

But I am a responsible adult, so when I am done here, I will eat some breakfast, start a load of laundry, do the dishes, call the door place, fill some holes with putty, make a new shorter to do list, make lunch, get sweetP into swim stuff and go to swim lessons. Then with any luck I can install a closet door when I get home so tonight after soccer practice and music in the park I can install the trim around the door and seal the grout and put a big old done stamp on my project.

Now I'm tired and I haven't even started. Maybe I will eat slowly.

2 comments:

laurie said...

was that a Marmoleum floor you installeld? my friend in san fran is remodeling his kitchen himself--crazy, i say, but you sound just as crazy!--and he got marmoleum. cork backing, clicks into place, looks really great.

can you post pictures of your work? all you need is a digital camera. better put "shop for camera" on your to-do list.

ped crossing said...

Yes, I am crazy. No, it was not marmoleum. It is actually cork on top and bottom with a hard stabilizer in the middle. It is from We Cork (www.wecork.com) and they have about 15 styles to choose from. They were also great about responding to my question through their website.

We actually have two digital cameras, I just haven't worked up to adding photos to my blog yet. There were multiple requests for pictures of the remodel at my book club the other night. So I will add "figure out how to add images to blog" to my to do list. Shouldn't be hard, I think I am reasonably intelligent, I just haven't taken the time to try. Maybe by the weekend.