Sunday, August 26, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend


As my last weekend before the start of the school year and work, it has been a doozy. My brother and his soon to be wife came in on Friday. So after a "quick" trip to the airport during rush hour, we hurried home to celebrate my sweetE's third birthday.

Poor kid fell asleep half way through his birthday dinner. He didn't even get to open his presents. Being the thoughtful mommy that I am, the presents were all still up in my craft room and had not been torturing him all day. We had gone to Target earlier and he got to pick (I use the term loosely) a toy with his birthday money. It was a great pick and both boys played with it all afternoon without any squabbling!

Saturday morning there was a ten foot debris field around the birthday boy after he made quick work of discovering his new stuff. I think it is adorable that he went to sleep last night with his new tool bag, filled with tools, next to him. I would have taken a picture, but the camera had run out of battery. Bummer.

Then as all weekends with guests go, we have been busy entertaining, chatting and eating. This afternoon my mom-in-law comes (love her! ) and tonight T&D leave.

2 comments:

laurie said...

what a cute picture. now i want chain mail for my birthday!

ped crossing said...

He is the most charming knight I know. Ducky is up there too, but he isn't as cute in the armor.