Tuesday, August 7, 2007

And It Drags On

The project continues, slowly. I really thought we would be done or very close by now. Even with my conservative estimates on time, we should be nearly ready to move back in. But alas, if the floor is not here, it cannot be installed. If the floor is not installed the trim cannot be put in. And if the trim is not in, the furniture cannot move in. Darn domino effect.

But progress has been made none the less. The painting is done. And it looks fabulous! And we picked an accent color and I have painted three walls the last two nights and those look fabulous. The slider is gone from the back of the house and the new patio door is in. Unfortunately, that means that yet another room has been put out of commission. We are dining, playing and living in the family room. So, dear family room, I dub thee, the Great Room.

As with all things, a lesson has been learned. Building/Remodeling Commandment: Thou shalt have ALL supplies present and accounted for, before any work may commence.

The floor is supposed to be here tomorrow morning. I'll believe it when I see it. (Yikes, I am getting cynical.)

2 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

Hopefully (for your sake!) more progress has been made by now. You can do it!! I'm excited to see the finished product. What color did you paint?

ped crossing said...

It is transforming. We painted the majority of the walls Sand, and the accent walls Cocoa. The trim is Icing. I am planning to host book group in September to show it off. :)