Monday, September 14, 2009

When You Just Can't Sleep

One day in the near future I may be accused of being drunk. I won't be able to walk a straight line. Or speak coherently. Or think straight. All because I cannot sleep anymore. I try. I go to bed on time. I fall asleep. But then, I wake up and can't go back to sleep. I lay there and lay there and lay there. I don't watch the clock if I can help it.

I am just seriously exhausted. Even when I take an Ambien I wake up and can't go back to sleep. It is miserable. I love sleep. I miss sleep. I don't want to be awake when it is both dark out and also considered morning. Sleep, please come be my friend again.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I hope it's just a short bout with insomnia. I used to have that problem of waking in the early morning hours, too. No more. Now I'm lucky to wake on time.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had a better night's sleep last night. - Ducky

JSLindgren said...

My mom claims she gets the most reading done in those hours when no one else is awake. It sounds crazy to me, but perhaps if you can't be doing what you want most (sleep) you can do what you'd normally enjoy? Best wishes.