Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Race

Make sure you are safely seated before reading on. I don't want anyone to get hurt. I just signed up for my first race. It is a shocking new development for me. The last race that I willingly ran in was "The Little Foot" run when I was about eight.

But in the last month I have added the exercise habit and become a bit of an exercise junkie. So tonight I signed up for a 5k. I had considered a 5-miler, but I couldn't get past the whole start at 7:45 thing, leave the house at 6:15 thing, to go get sweaty amongst strangers. So I found something closer with a later start time. It has the added bonus of being partly on bark trails too. Easier on the shins.

I have three more weeks before the big event. I may have to wonder what I have gotten myself into. But it should be interesting.

4 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

I have to admit, this was a pretty big shocker because of how much you have share your dislike of running. :-) However, this was a very happy thing for me to be wrong about! I am very excited for you! I can't wait to hear more. I am glad that exercise is helping you. That's great!

Jane said...

Good for you Ped! I'm totally impressed.
(BTW - I'm living in the NW USA too, so we may not have quite so many miles between us as you think.)

Ranell said...

WHAT??!! The hater is becoming a lover? I am shocked, but in a pleasant way. Good for you!

ped crossing said...

Wasn't a hater, just an avoider. :)