Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh, Those Headaches

So the Advil and water seemed to have done the trick for today. But I have had a headache of one type or another since last Friday. So you can see why my previous post was snarky. I had the fear that on the 7th day of the month I would have to take my fourth migraine relief pill (oh, so wonderful prescription relief), or half my allotment for a month. Panic!

I go back to the chiropractor on Friday for a follow up. Bring back that bobble head feeling. I need to schedule a follow up with the neurologist and discuss whether the preventative medicine is working (seems not, but I won't jump to conclusions). But I want to give the chiropractor and earlier bed time a try for a bit first.

At the moment I feel decent and would normally stay up and get stuff done, but in the interest of heading off migraines triggered by less than 8 hours sleep (how sad is that) I am going to go to bed.

I take sweetE to swim lessons in the morning, so I have to get up early (6:30). Okay, some people wouldn't consider it early, but I think anything before 8 is early. Have I mentioned that I am not a morning person? So this whole bedtime thing is messing with my world. But a pain free world is a happy world.

4 comments:

laurie said...

god, i am so with you, ped. i feel good right at this moment, but i have also had headaches for the last week or so. every damn day.

i can take vicodin if it's really bad, but mostly that just gives me cotton mouth and constipation and doesn't really help the pain that much.

i'm so sorry.

ped crossing said...

laurie - I have percocet from the last kidney stone in the medicine cabinet. It is tempting, but from experience I know it doesn't work great on headaches. Bummer. 7 days in a row with some kind of headache or another.

the rotten correspondent said...

Have they ever given you Inapsine?

ped crossing said...

RC - No, I take Amerge to get rid of them (in the triptan family). I do have a prescription on stand by for "rescue" relief when all else fails. I have to get someone to take me in to nurse treatment and it is an injection or an IV, I don't know which. And then I am essentially knocked out. I haven't felt I really needed to go that far yet.

The problem is the frequency of them lately. And other non-migraine headaches. Kind of makes for a miserable existence.