Monday, November 24, 2008

One Day

One day I will be able to do my job to the best of my ability. I will not be given a script to follow. I will not have my schedule prescribed to the minute. I will not be asked to teach things that are not effective. I will not be asked to make due with less, and then less than that. I will be treated like a professional. My class size will be small enough that all students will get the extra attention they deserve to reach their potential. I will be allowed to make judgements based on how I know each student to help them learn better. Someone will once again realize that these are children, not widgets and one size fits all does not work with children.

There were extra frustrations today.

3 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

I am sorry you had a frustrating day. I am so grateful there are teachers like you who care so much about the children. I hope things get better.

Kim said...

Bless your heart.

-Ann said...

Sounds totally frustrating and exasperating. Hope it gets better.