Sunday, November 9, 2008

End of Season


Yesterday was the end of sweetE's soccer season. He loved it, even if he did get bored and just wander around the gym. But he is four and even that is cute. He got a new trophy. He wanted to know if he got to keep his soccer shirt. I missed a good chunk of his season, the games were early and Saturday is my day to sleep in. But I made sure to be there a few times. He would wander and then all of a sudden run after the ball. He was too polite to kick it away from anyone, but he was happy to kick it if it came his way.

Tonight before he went to bed, he ran downstairs to get his trophy. He came back up with his new trophy in hand and his medal from the spring season around his neck. He had a blast and that is all that matters.

2 comments:

-Ann said...

That's a sweet story. The Kid played soccer for the first time this year as well. He didn't like playing in the field but he loved being the goalie.

I got him this table-top soccer game and my parents told me that he set up the field quite knowledgeably. My dad said "You wouldn't know it to look at him during the season, but he actually was paying attention."

Jadie said...

Amen to that! "too polite to kick it away from anyone..." --I love hearing about that kid!