Thursday, November 6, 2008

Moving On Too Quickly


Driving home from work on Tuesday, I spied with my little eye, something green and cone shaped. It could not be. It is too soon! So I assumed I was wrong. Driving home last night, I looked again. Yes, it was. There is a house with a Christmas tree up in their window. On the 5th of November. I hope it is fake, so it is not a fire hazard. I know there can be legitimate reasons for decorated trees, special visits or people leaving. But, wow it makes the year seem to go by that much faster.

I could not believe that the Christmas lights were out for sale at Target before Halloween. This is insanity. I am not ready to be Christmas-y just yet. Pretty soon the Christmas/holiday season is going to be six months long. I do love the holidays, but I have Ducky's birthday, Thanksgiving and the end of the trimester to get through before I can think about it properly.

I know I promised to start my education discussion posts today, but I am still assembling a few facts. So stay tuned.

2 comments:

-Ann said...

The Christmas stuff was up in Lidl (think Just Closeouts, but maybe marginally nicer and with more edible groceries) about three weeks ago.

Way too soon!

I had a cello teacher when I was a kid whose family got a live tree. Which they then kept up until after Easter. At that point, it was a dried out shell of a fire hazard with only a few needles left.

Kim said...

When I was a kid, my mom always put the tree up over the Thanksgiving holiday. I have a child born 12/11, and I never decorate until after that. I've never understood having decorations up so long and it irritates me no end to see and/or hear Christmas in the stores in October. November isn't so bad, but still a little early for my taste.