Monday, September 8, 2008

The World is Looking Up

To show how truly borderline dehydrated I always am, I drank 50+ ounces of water after my massage on Saturday. See how good I was being. And I still got the massage headache. At 4:30 in the morning. But two Advil and a melatonin later, I was back asleep and bye-bye headache.

SweetP is still loving school. However, he got a compliment for calming down, but he can't remember why he needed to. There is an email off to the teacher already. Enquiring minds want to know.

SweetE loves preschool, except the part where I leave. He is still heaping on the mom guilt. Today he clung to my leg and tried to follow me out the door. He had a new teacher for his music class and I had to just tell her to pick him up and that he would be fine in less than 5 minutes. To add insult to injury (his not mine) he had a well kiddo check at the doctor today and got two shots. Definitely didn't help with the "Please stay Mommy" feelings he was having. He is healthy and was a squirrelly little bugger the whole time, until the shots.

We watched home movies of the boys from 2-3 years ago and gosh they were cute. Still are, but they are so much bigger now. It almost makes us want another one. Almost. Especially since I am the headache queen.

In just a few short school days, my students have already learned to ask if I have a headache each day. I am hoping to make it just one more week, at least.

Some of the stress at work is lessening. I get to teach science! Yay!!! I am starting to settle into a routine. The plan for the year is to fly under the radar, except briefly popping up with moments of brilliance. Note to self, keep mouth shut in staff meetings.

So all in all, even though the heavy drinking isn't working out and I haven't looked for a therapist, I might survive this year.

5 comments:

-Ann said...

Yay! Glad to hear things are looking up. I've never heard of a massage headache before, but then, I never get massages. :)

Hope things keep going well.

Kim said...

What good news all around. My mother always loved to teach science. She found the wonder the kids displayed when she would do little experiments addictive. Nothing better than the look on a child's face when they understand or see something brand new.

Jadie said...

Yay for the science teaching! And darn it all on the heavy drinking--I really thought that was the solution. ;)

Kelly(M&M) said...

I am so glad to hear things are better. I was wondering how you were doing. I met your hubby the other day, so that was cool. Hopefully I will see you tonight. That's great about teaching science. Things are looking up, eh?

Jane said...

Good luck with this school year. Glad the boys are settling in.