Thursday, September 11, 2008

Too Tired, But I Just Can't Sleep

My sleep issues have taken a new turn. I wake at 3 in the morning and my brain kicks into high gear even while it and rest of me are screaming for sleep. My eyelids act as if they are weighted down and it is all I can do to not stagger when I walk.

And most annoying is the things that pop into my head. The other night it was a Weird Al song about Pentiums. That I was subjected to days before. And then my brain just heads into overdrive and makes me stress that I can't fall back asleep.

All of this makes me cranky and causes headaches. And I get enough freakin' headaches.

To top it all off I did something to my back tonight and now it hurts. All I did before it started hurting was sit in a chair and work on sweetP's Halloween costume.

Would it be wrong of me to want to spend a few days unconscious and let my body reset itself? If I was a computer I would have rebooted long ago.

It has been a busy week and I will tell all about it tomorrow. Now I need to go attempt some sleep.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I hope you're able to rest. That early morning waking can sometimes be a sign of emotional distress. I hope that's not the case for you.

-Ann said...

Sorry to hear of your sleep struggles. And your ear worm. The fastest way to get rid of an ear worm is to do math problems in your head.

laurie said...

have you tried tylenol pm? i think we talked about this before and i can't remember what you said. it helps me during those times hwen my brain wants to go into overdrive. but i have to take it very early in the evening, like 9 p.m., or else i'm groggy in the morning.