Sunday, September 21, 2008

Where Did the Weekend Go?

It seems like I just finished up work on Friday and here I am looking at Monday morning creeping up on me. I can't really tell where those two days went. I don't really feel like I got anything of consequence done.

I had great plans to conquer Mt. Laundry. I only managed to scratch the surface. I had plans to edit my students papers on plants and animals. I didn't look at a single one. I decided we would have health tomorrow instead. I intended to sort through a pile of papers and miscellaneous stuff. I only lowered the pile by an inch.

It is amazing how two soccer games, a birthday party and a visit from a friend can eat up most of a weekend. In addition, we checked on a geocache that the boys recently hid. Stopped at Home Depot to buy cement. I gave the boys haircuts, so they will look cute on picture day in a week. We picked up dinner from our favorite restaurant. We practiced piano and finished homework. We played games in the yard before the rain came.

So while it feels like I didn't do a lot. I guess I really did.

And most exciting of all, no migraines for four days. And counting.

2 comments:

laurie said...

weekends are never long enough.

years ago, in duluth, i worked four day weeks--monday through thursday.

and even with three day weekends, weekends were never long enough.

Kim said...

Four days without a migraine is excellent!

Weekends are never long enough. Never, ever.