Monday, September 29, 2008

I Hate Preschool

You would think that I am sending him to prison. My little sweetE makes sure to let me know how much he hates preschool every day he has to go. While in the same breath he might say how much fun he has.

Tonight he wanted to listen to his new music CD. Ducky didn't know where it was so they listened to an old one. He gets a CD with all the songs from his music class each month. The very same music class that when I left today, he was curled up like a pill bug with his hands over his eyes. As sad as sad can be. Even though I know that two minutes after I leave he is fine and happy and having fun.

I know that he is fine because his teacher tells me. The teacher we know and love. The teacher that can tell the instant he walks through the door if he will need a little TLC that day. The teacher he loves and will readily talk about with great enthusiasm.

But he hates preschool. I would swear he does it to make me feel bad. And he pulls at the heart strings every time. I also know that he doesn't hate preschool (he loves it), he just would prefer that I go to preschool with him. He is a mama's boy, has been since day one. He has my heart wrapped around his little finger.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I remember separation anxiety. It's a terrible thing. The most brilliant idea we ever had was to have Daddy drop the little guy at preschool. For some reason, he had much less trouble letting go of Daddy at the preschool door.

ped crossing said...

kaycie- He is so much better when Ducky drops him off, but our schedules just don't allow that. He is getting better. At least the tears have stopped.

Fellow Carpooler said...

Fiona was the exact same way. She's a total mama's girl. I never got to see how she would've done with preschool, but she was hesitate to go anywhere with our own preschool teacher, who she knew and loved.

LCM said...

Oops, that last one was from me!

Suzie Petunia said...

Amazing that they know exactly how to push those buttons... even at such a young age! I'm sorry you have to go through that every day.

ped crossing said...

suzie- He is genuinely sad when I go. While it induces the guilt, it is nice to be loved that much.