Sunday, October 4, 2009

Stalled

So today I hit the wall. The walks/runs stopped being fun. Normally this would be the time where I quit. But, this time I am going to keep going and see how long it takes to get past it. It doesn't hurt that the skinny jeans fit yesterday. And I have plans on getting a new pair of skinnier jeans.

I don't think that it is helping that it got cold. I hate to be cold. I don't think that it helps that I am exhausted. However, I did manage to score eight hours of sleep last night for the first time in about six weeks. But I think the Ambien was still running through my system this morning. I know I have not been eating well or drinking enough. And I think all of it caught up with me this morning.

And I have a race in two weeks, dang it. I told you I didn't know what I was thinking. But I kept going this morning long after I wanted to turn around. Around mile four I was feeling better, not great, but better. But I was headed home with fun plans for the afternoon, so I didn't add to the route.

As for the original reason for the exercise, reduced migraines. I am still waiting. And hoping.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad you slept, and hey, you can't complain about those skinny jeans!

LCM said...

My sister is set to move back to your area and she has really enjoyed Houston and the warm weather. I keep trying to tell her how it's going to be, but she's not believing me!
I hope that you can move through the wall and keep going! Here's to those skinnier jeans.