Friday, June 1, 2007

Guilty Pleasure

So I skipped my book club discussion so I could go shopping. I have two upcoming weddings to attend and no cute, flattering outfit to wear to either of them. When the opportunity to go shopping sans children arose, I had to jump for it. The mere thought of being able to try on clothing without having one cute child open the door before I am fully dressed or having to dash out to capture said cute child. It was meant to be. I got a cute outfit for me and one for each of the cute boys. It was the most successful shopping adventure I have had in a long, long time.

However, I have residual guilt. I had planned to go to my book group. I hadn't read the book, but I was going to go. And who can blame me, it was 600+ pages of classic literature. Not what I would pick up if I had the time, but I didn't even have the time for a 200 page novel of any variety this month. I am one of those people that when I make a commitment, I stick with it. Hence the guilt. It is only the second time I have missed in two years. The other time I was sick or one of my kids was sick, can't remember, but I know it was an excusable absence. I get irritated when others don't exhibit the same sense of commitment that I do. So I should have gone, but my shopping karma was good and obviously meant to be.

So I have every intention of reading the next book. I requested it from the library already. Even though I will have to find time to get it read while finishing up the year in two schools and getting everything ready for the person who takes my place next year and doing a training for next year and tying up all the loose ends that I keep discovering. I will get it done. It is only 383 pages and sleep is overrated. Right?

No comments: